The holiday season is probably the busiest time of the year – just think of all the parties you have to prepare for, the meals you have to cook, the Christmas shopping you need to complete.
Because of the amount of work that needs to be done, sprucing up or redesigning your home could just be the last thing on your mind when the holidays approach.
But if you think about it, making simple home redesigning prior to the holidays may not be the worst idea – after all, you might have guests coming over. It could be fun to do some minor redecoration so your home will look fresher and more updated.
Here are simple ways you can spruce up your house while preparing for the holidays:
- Repaint your doors or cupboards. Some people immediately think about the major mess when the term ‘renovation’ is mentioned. But renovation doesn’t always mean tearing down a wall building something big for your home. Repainting some parts of your home, such as doors or cabinets, is simple enough. Still, it can be a great enhancement for your home’s overall appearance.
- Update your light fixtures. Replacing your old light fixtures can give your home a major improvement. You can have a professional install your new lights for you so the task can be completed quicker.
- Put a new carpet runner on your stairs. Changing your stair runner for the holidays can instantly make your home more inviting. Make sure you can do this properly as a poorly installed stair runner can cause accidents.
- Add new area rugs on your living room. Area rugs can be an excellent addition to any room. It can give your living room a cozier, warmer appearance.
- Place a potted plant indoors. Plants can give off a pleasant, refreshing vibe to an otherwise bare corner of your home.